Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Getting Ready for the Holiday




Last Saturday Jake and I went to see the second annual Christmas tree lighting on Ashland lawn. It was beautiful. The event has now become our annual holiday tradition. Even with the rain, the Christmas caroling, jolly spirits of the gathering crowd, being with my love ones, brought little tears to my eyes.




I have been busy wrapping up the first semester of the dietetic internship. I just finished a two-weeks rotation at a surgical weight loss medical facility, and now I am teaching middle school students and kindergarteners. A break is much needed after months of hard work. Between working and finishing up papers, I managed to wrapped presents and begin a holiday tradition: making cookies.






In the previous years, I have not made much Christmas cookies because I always ended up being the only one decorating, baking, and cleaning up. (Holler if you know what I mean). I finally had the cookie party that I have always wanted. Even better if I can host a cookie swap party someday.

Although the cold weather and Christmas are coming up way too fast, I enjoy making new recipes of hearty hot soups. (Guinness Beef Stew for next post)



Oh and I stocked up on bags of fresh cranberries, got to love post-Thanksgiving food sale.



Off to the next case study...till then. Stay warm.



4 comments:

  1. I definitely need to gather some people together for a cookie party! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun and definitely cut down the amount of work!

      Delete

Pin It