Monday, January 24, 2011

Introduction: A new beginning through lens...

Three weeks ago I packed up all my belongings in Madison, Wisconsin and took an 8 hour road trip to the horse capital of the world, Lexington, Kentucky. Why Kentucky? Other than being accepted to a master's program in Kentucky, I thought I would take a chance and go somewhere I have never been before and start something new. 

During the hectic packing and moving arrangement, I got a Nikon D3100 for Christmas. My dream gift. My new hobby. Except I did not how to use a DSLR camera let alone talk about it. When I got the camera, I read through every page in the manual and tried to write down notes. However, there is no way I would learn to be a photographer without experimenting. My first few days as a "photographer" I took pictures of the same thing at different settings. 



This blog will document my journey though graduate school, a new city, and a new camera. I want to use every setting and button there is on the camera to show to explore Lexington through my Nikon. 

So here we go. 

 My first photo. First step as a photographer. f/5.3, 1/25, ISO1600

1 comment:

Pin It