Friday, February 4, 2011

Lola and Her Goose: Backlighting

This is Lola and her new friend Goose.
f/5.6, 1/100, ISO 400

They met on Christmas Day and since then they have been best friends.
f/3.5, 1/100, +1EV, ISO 400

Lola and Goose love to wrestle.
But Lola seems to win ALL the time.
Regardless, they are still best friends.
f/3.5, 1/100, 0EV, ISO 400

At least that's what I think...I know Lola loves her Goose but I am not so sure if the Goose feels the same. Look at Goose, he is all beat up. I hope it's all good, no hard feelings here...
f/5.6, 1/80, 0EV, ISO 400

Oh Goose, are you okay? f/5.6, 1/40, 0EV, ISO 400

What was not good was figuring out the backlighting issue I got here. Lola's little play area is in a corner by the balcony sliding doors. There was plenty of daylight coming from one side, but I got either really bright pictures or dark ones.
Like this:
f/5.6, 1/160, ISO 400

I tried setting the aperture lower but I got darker pictures. Another issue was keeping up with the wrestling action. As soon as I focused on the duo, they would switched games and I ended up with blurry action shots. One thing I remembered was to change the shutter speed to a faster number (like 1/2000) but that only made dark pictures since that limited the amount of light going through the lens. Even changing the exposure value to +1 (see above) did not seem to change much.

It's a complicated situation. The Goose and Lola. Me and backlighting.

f/5.6, 1/160, 0EV, ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It