Monday, October 15, 2012

Perryville Battlefield


f/9, 1/400, ISO 100

One of my favorite part of living in Kentucky is being closer to historic sites and lots of living history events. Although not quite like Philadelphia and Boston, I love the small historical towns and monuments around this city.

Last weekend we went to Civil Reeactment at Perryville Battlefield. It was the 150th anniversary since the battle was fought between the Unions and the Confederates. On Saturday, there were over 2000 reenactors on the battlefield. It was quite a scene that tested my photography skills.

f/7.1, 1/400, ISO 100





f/9, 1/500, ISO 560


My mom was visiting me from Hong Kong last weekend. While I thought the reenactment was really cool, she didn't see the "need" for men to dress up and shoot each other with powder. Regardless, it was a beautiful fall day for great photo-ops. These photos are probably the most interesting ones in my picture folders other than hundreds of food ones.

f/5.6, 1/640, ISO 200
f/5.6, 1/640, ISO 400


In some places, in order to be an re-enactor, one has to has ancestors who fought in the Civil War. There were even families in Perryville dressed in period customs and stayed in character the entire weekend. I guess some like to take pictures of food, some enjoy living in 1860s lifestyle. Even if you are not a history person, I highly recommend going to one of these events.

f/9, 1/640, ISO 720

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It