Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Great Smoky Mountains

f/11, 1/500, ISO 200

 I am back from the Great Smoky Mountains.

For four days, my family and I stayed in a log cabin in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Until two weeks before, I didn't even know about the Smokies. It was one of the best vacations I have ever had, with beautiful views and wild life. I saw two black bears, numerous pioneer log cabins, and herds of deer. Everyday I hiked at least 4 miles along streams and rivers. Every part of the park I saw was a breath-taking photo-opportunity.


f22, 1/1.6, ISO 400, -0.7EV



A storybook scene. When I was hiking, I thought I would run into dwarfs dressed in colorful cloth jumping on mushrooms and little white fairies flying around me. Sadly, I did not see either of them.

f/4.5, 1/60, ISO 400



f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 400




f/5.6, 1/40, ISO 400


"WARNING! Stand AWAY from the bear!" The ranger yelled as I approached the bear for this photo.

f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 200



f/4, 1/1600, ISO 200



Save the Fraser fir!
f/18, 1/80, ISO 200



Although Lola was not allowed on majority of the trails, we were able to fine a nature trail that allowed dogs. As you can tell, she enjoyed every part of the hike.

f/5, 1/15, ISO 200


More on the Smoky Mountains later this week.


p.s. No signs of little birdie, I now have to dispose the blue egg before it becomes stinky :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It