Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peach Cobbler

The other day I went overboard with peaches. They were 88 cents a pound in the grocery store. Who could resist a deal like this? So I decide to make a peach cobbler, my favorite summer dessert (besides McDonald's 49 cents ice cream cone, but that's another story). Also, I am giving my food photography another shot. Here is the recipe:


1. Combine 3 tablespoons of cold butter, 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Use a pastry blender to cut up the butter pieces until they become crumbly. One tablespoon at a time, add in cold water, up to 3 tablespoons.

f/4.5, 1/50, ISO 1600, +0.3EV



 2.  After step 1, your dough should stick together when you form it into a ball. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutess.

f/4.8, 1/40, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


3. Take five (or 2 pounds) peaches. This is only a portion of my peach stockpile.

f/5.3, 1/15, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


4. Slice em' up! Don't forget to munch on the peach flesh leftover on the pitts.

f/4.5, 1/25, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


5. In a mixing bowl, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla to the peach slices. Mix em' up!


f/5, 1/20, ISO 1600, +0.3EV





6. Put the peach slices in a 8 in baking pan.

f/4.2, 1/25, ISO 1600, +0.3EV



7. Take your dough out of the fridge and roll it out into a sheet the size of the baking pan. Place the rolled-out dough on top of the peach slices (placing the flat dough on a roller might help moving it). Plop it into the oven at 400 degrees.

f/4.2, 1/40, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


8. Then wait patiently for 35 minutes.

f/4.2, 1/30, ISO 1600


9. Viola!!
f/4.2, 1/40, ISO 1600


Food photography is hard. Taking pictures of food takes a long time, every step you have to take a picture. Notice how I missed rolling out the dough? Also my kitchen does not get much natural light. During this photo session, I turned on all the lights in the kitchen and I even brought my tripod out. I did not use the tripod, instead I had to bring the items right underneath the stove light. Despite my efforts, some pictures still came out dull and blah. Almost like I took away the colors. I was reading the Pioneer Woman's 10 Things I learned about Food Blogging, I realized what I need to do: practice, practice, practice.


Practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It