Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vegetable Gardening, Part IV

Recently I got some new friends out on the balcony. Their names are Spider Mite Steve, Spider Mite Bob, Spider Mite Jane, and Spider Mite..... Yes, I had a spider mite infestation. They were everywhere, every plant out there was infected, and there I was wondering why the pole beans were dying. It was a little too late by the time we did something. A week has gone by since we treated the plants, all but the beans survived. We took down all the remaining bean stems yesterday. The good news is that every tomato plant is producing at least a dozen or more of tomato and the pepper plants are flowering.

f/6.3, 1/400, ISO 400



Good bye, Mr. Zucchini.

f/5.6, 1/25, ISO 400



Sevin dust covered tomato leaves.

 f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 400


Devastation! It was a battlefield on the balcony.

f/6.3, 1/250, ISO 400


As sad as I was about taking the beans down, I managed to harvest almost a pound of it. Perhaps more bean seedlings in a couple weeks?

f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 400


At least I got the Miss Cherry Tomato on time.

f/5, 1/80, ISO 400

 And I got these babies to look forward to.

f/5, 1/40, ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It