Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie

I have been talking about food a lot lately. Maybe it's because I am on summer vacation and I got lots of time on my hands. Or because I like to eat in general.


f/5, 1/30, ISO 1600


Chocolate chip cookies are kind of the no-fail dessert for me. Trust me, I had four today already.


f/5, 1/20, ISO 1600


No matter where I get my chocolate chip cookies, they are still chocolate chip cookies. Sweet, chocolatey, and satisfying. However, not all chocolate chip cookies are created equal. There is always that secret ingredient that makes every cookie different, yes even the store bought one.

f/5, 1/30, ISO 1600


For a while I was making chocolate chip cookies from the recipe on the those familiar looking yellow bags (you got it, it's Nestle!)


f/5.6, 1/25, ISO 1600


So today I decided to try something new. First I tried Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies from EatingWell. Let's just say chocolate chip cookies should stay "unhealthy". I need the buttery aftertaste.



f/5, 1/13, ISO 1600


Then I remember I got a Cook's Illustrated magazine from a garage sale once and the reason I got it because it had The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.

f/5, 1/25, ISO 1600

And yes, it was p e r f e c t.
So if you would excuse me, I have four cookies and a cup of milk to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It