Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carrot Walnut Cookies

Yesterday I made carrot walnut cookies for a bake sale. Since the bake sale is hosted by the Masters of Nutritional Science Program (yes, the program I am in), all bake goods have to be healthy and nutritious. I made carrot walnut cookies. There's carrots, banana, walnuts, raisins, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, and zero sugar. Healthy enough. The cookies taste more like granola bar than cookies, great for breakfast and post work-out treats.

Last week I switched the camera focus from auto to manual.
Why would anyone do that?
Well, sometimes my camera just doesn't focus on the things I want it to. Like the second row of cookies instead of the first, choosing your depth of field and fine tuning it. Also I get to choose the focal points in the images. However, I often do not realize that my pictures are blurry/ out-of-focus until I seem them on the computer screen. There are other situations when I find manual focus useful, such as in low light settings when my camera struggles to find a focal point. Try switching to manual for once, you would find yourself putting more thought into taking picture than you think. The pictures below were taken with manual focus, look like I need more practice.

The cast
f/4.8, 1/13, ISO 1600, +0.3EV

1. Process raisins, oatmeal, and walnuts
f/4.5, 1/13, ISO 1600

Meanwhile, mix ginger, cinnamon, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.

2. Add shredded carrots, apple, and mashed banana to flour and raisins/oatmeal/walnut mixture. Mix it up!
f/4.5, 1/20, ISO 1600

3. Place the cookies tablespoonful on to baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.
f/4.5, 1/13, ISO 1600

4. Ta Da!
f/4.5, 1/15, ISO 1600

For complete recipe see Whole Foods Recipe

p.s. Adding 1/4 cup of brown sugar won't make these cookies "unhealthy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It