Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vegetable Gardening, Part II

I have been lazy blogging. I blame my laziness on the 70 degree weather and school work. Last week I watched 127 Hours, a movie about the man who cut his arm off to set himself free from a boulder. True story. I got lightheaded before the graphic arm-cutting scene even began. I have heard many who saw the film and said "I could never cut my arm off", including myself. But I think people surprise themselves in situations like that. A little determination and hope go a long way. I like to watch "I Shouldn't Been Alive". Split second decision will turn someone's life upside down to the verge of death. It is kind of scary thinking about what things could happen to you, even more, what you would do in those situations.

This weekend we went to the Central Kentucky Home, Garden, and Flower Show. I was a bit disappointing, the show was definitely more about home than garden and flower. The next day we decided to finish starting the garden. We bought seeds for summer squash, basil, cilantro, bell peppers, and cherry tomato.

The gang
f/5.6, 1/800, ISO 200

I find starting seeds from pea pots is the way to go
f/5.6, 1/15, ISO 200

Bell pepper seeds
f/5, 1/13, ISO 200

Cilantro seeds
f/5.6, 1/5, ISO 200

My new experiment with scallion/green onion. I used the top green part of the store-bought scallions. I saved the bottom white parts with root and planted them in soil. Look at the new growth!
f/5, 1/30, ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It