Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carmalizing Onion

The first exam of my fall semester is tomorrow. The reality that summer is over started three weeks ago, interestingly it was when school started. Sometimes when I am studying for exam I wonder where this is all going. Whether getting a master's degree would land me a job, what if I don't get a job, what if all the sudden I loose all of my taste buds, what if I don't remember what is insulin's role on protein metabolism and I get fired...all these what if, what not, and why.

Last night I made green beans with carmalized onions, I realized something. That there is no short cut around all of my uncertainty. The ifs and buts will not disappear overnight until something is done.

f/5.3, 1/50, ISO 1600


Almost like carmalizing onions.
Yes, I am comparing my life to carmalizing onions.

f/5.3, 1/40, ISO 1600


There is no short cut to carmalizing onions.
It takes time, patience, and lots of stirring.

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 1600


Then more stirring with some love and care.
You can't turn your back on it, or else it would burn instantly.
Stir it ten times more.

f/5.3, 1/20, ISO 1600


Of course, when it was almost reaching the carmalizing point I got lazy.
Hungry, is more appropriate.
I got hungry, so I added green beans into the pan.
It was yummy.
It was good enough for me.

f/5.3, 1/13, ISO 1600

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It