Friday, October 7, 2011

Cupcakes Mania

I am done with mid-terms, the first of many more to come later this semester. In order to "celebrate" this short break of studying, I offered to make cupcakes for Jake's students. Lucky 40 students will get cupcakes. Lucky me get to make 40 cupcakes. Believe me, I find baking very calming.

f/5.6, 1/30, ISO 1600


The cupcake mania involves one pound of butter, six cups flour, eight eggs, and three cups of sugar, and much more. This when I really need that stand-up mixer I have been dreaming of.

f/4.8, 1/100, ISO 1600


Lesson here, always always always follow directions. The front four cupcakes are results of alternating milk and flour mixture, as indicated in the recipe. Martha Stewart is always right.

f/4.8, 1/50, ISO 1600


12 frosted, 1 million more to go.

f/4.8, 1/15, ISO 1600

Boo, hooo why can't I try a cupcake?

f/4.8, 1/15, ISO 1600

I hope these cupcakes make some kids' day.


f/4.8, 1/20, ISO 1600

After two layers of cupcakes and "tasting" on frosting and cupcakes all night. I am donezo. Needless to say, I scratch my idea of drawing spider webs on top of the frosting. It was like a workout in the kitchen. I did find my zen after making all these cupcakes, it took my mind off carbohydrate metabolism and the role of PPAR receptors.

f/4.3, 1/13, ISO 1600

For later, part two of my workout in the kitchen: apple pie.


p.s. For the cupcake recipe, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It