Friday, October 14, 2011

Running

I like to run. Yes, I have other hobbies other than blogging and photography. I run on an average of 20 miles a week. I do long runs on Sundays while listening to Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, and Lady Gaga. On some days I run with Lola, or more like she drags me from tree to tree and where ever squirrels are.

f/18, 1/20, ISO 1600

On some days I just run, block after block imagining myself in a secluded woods with no cars.
And I can go on and on about car drivers who don't yield.

f/18, 1/50, ISO 200

Some days I get zonked out from running non-stop.
But on one good day I lucked out. My training has paid off.
Ta-Da!
That's right, I won second place in a 6K race!
Woot! Woot!

f/5, 1/20, ISO 1600

I feel invincible.
I am thinking about doing a half marathon end of March next year.
That's 13.1 miles.
I will think more about it later, for now I need to go on a 5-mile run.
Happy Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jen! I absolutely recommend trying a half marathon. I just recently got into running. I ran a half last April and LOVED it! I set a very reasonable goal and met it. I'm running another one in two weeks...but haven't trained nearly as much for this one. We'll see how it goes! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It