Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Dragon Year

Happy Chinese New Year! It has been a couple years since I spent Chinese New Year celebration with my family. I miss sitting at the round table and eating non-stop. Every year there is at least two whole chickens, two fish, duck, pork, and more side dishes on the menu. Then for all those who are unmarried get the red packets with money inside. On Saturday, Jake and I went to see a Chinese New Year Celebration Performance in downtown Lexington. Although not as grand of a celebration like I would have at home, it made me feel warm at heart. Tonight I am cooking up some Chinese dishes for the two of us.


Lola did get her red packet this year, filled with treats, of course.

f/5, 1/500, ISO 400


At first she didn't know what to make of it. There's treats inside, but how do I get them out?

f/5, 1/1250, ISO 400


Hmmm....

f/5, 1/640, ISO 400


I got it! I got it!

f/4, 1/400, ISO 400


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It