Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Year

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday, dear my blog,
Happy birthday to me.

That's right, today is the one year birthday of "From Horses to Photography". It has been a year of my reflections, random thoughts, recipes, Lola, and of course, horses and photography. When I started the blog, I wanted it to be a way to get myself to explore Lexington and its surrounding area, and also to learn my new camera. A year later, I think I have accomplished those goals. Since I have been living here, I made new friends, found my favorite restaurants and beautiful places to take pictures. Most importantly, good changes were made in my personal life.

In the beginning, there were only two people reading my blog, my mom and Jake. I did not think I would stick with this little project of mine. Now, this blog has almost 3,000 pageviews and counting.

Here is flashback of a year of blogging:

The Glaring Sun is the most read blog post. Kind of took me by surprise because I quickly wrote this little poem about last hot summer after I went peach picking.





Vegetable Gardening (Part I) is another popular post. This summer, my balcony is going to be filled with so many veggie plants that I can't see the street.




My first real travel-photography experience was at the Great Smokey Mountains, and I came back with lots of materials to write several posts.




Kentucky State Fair, the ultimate Kentucky experience that one could get.




My ever-searching for the perfect recipes, chocolate chip cookies and pie crust.



It puts a smile on my face thinking that there are readers out there who find my posts interesting and continue to read on. It is you, the motivation for me to keep writing. I hope for another fulfilling year of blogging to come. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It