Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter Beauty

f/10, 1/600, ISO 800


Over winter break, Jake and I made a trip to Madison to scout out potential wedding venues. One of the places we looked at was Olbrich Botanical Gardens.

f/5, 1/125, ISO 400


When we were still living in Wisconsin, it was one of our favorite places to visit
The day we were there it felt like the coldest I have ever been this winter. It was probably because I am spoiled by the mild Kentucky winter.

f/5, 1/250s, ISO 400


Although everything was brown and tan, I managed to find some beauty in the cold weather.
The leftover of summer and the brave ones of winter still standing strong.


f/5, 1/100, ISO 400


It was overcast when I took these pictures, giving the objects a gloomy "winter-like" feel. I forgot to use the cloudy setting in white balance and they came out looking washed out. I had to add in some contrast and color, something we all could add into this season.

f/5.3, 1/400, ISO 400


Then there are some who are always optimistic and looking forward to the start of spring.

f/5.3, 1/640, ISO 400


p.s. I submitted my application last Friday, now the waiting game begins...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Olbrich Gardens...great place for a wedding! Good luck on the internship!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It