Thursday, February 2, 2012

No Knead Bread

f/5, 1/40, ISO 400




I got a new baby.
She is Dutch.
A cast iron Dutch Oven, that is.
Although it is not the prestige and pricey Le Creuset, I am more than happy about this one.
As you can tell, Lola was staring my new love with envy.


f/5.3, 1/100, ISO 1600



I missed the No-Knead Bread (click for recipe) phenomena by a few years. I know about the recipe for a while now but could not make it without a Dutch Oven. Now I know what the fuss was all about. 

f/5, 1/160, ISO 1600



It was the first thing I made with this pot. The dough was very sticky and "soggy" (as the recipe called it) at first, a copious amount of flour is needed.

f/5.3, 1/40, ISO 1600


The dough needs to rest for 12-18 hours. Might seem like a long wait, but it is worth it. My first no-knead bread was slightly over baked. However, the crust is heavenly crunchy.

f/5.6, 1/40, ISO 1600


Simple bread with butter and bowl of soup.
Perfect meal for winter.

f/5, 1/30, ISO 400



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It