Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Nutella Cookies

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 3200



Love is in the air.
I could feel it when the weatherman said "Happy Valentine's Day!!!" on TV this morning, when I was in grocery store where every check-out aisle had big red heart-shaped balloons, and when I saw the bare Valentine's display of candies and flowers.

f/5.6, 1/15, ISO 3200



Then when I checked my e-mail, every baking blog newsletter I got was related to chocolate and hearts.

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 1600



So I thought I would get into the spirit of the holiday.
You might noticed that lately I have been posting more on cooking and recipes.
This wet winter days have kept my camera indoor for the most part.

I am a HUGE fan of Nutella. My friend and I even celebrated the World Nutella Day by having a Nutella fondue party.
It was heaven.

f/5.6, 1/30, ISO 2500, +0.3EV



I used a peanut butter cookies recipe and added Nutella instead of the peanut butter. The hazelnut-taste was not as distinctive in these cookies, maybe I should have added some roasted hazelnuts. I got creative by cutting out heart-shape on a post-in and dusted powdered sugar on top.

This is probably as far as I will be doing for Valentine's Day. In a couple hours, I will be back to the grocery store for some discounted candies.

f/5.6, 1/30, ISO 1800



Nutella Cookies

1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup Nutella
1/4 cup roasted hazelnut, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together. Cream butter in a separate, add sugar, beat until mixed. Add in vanilla, egg, followed by Nutella. Stir in half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, mix until combined then add in the rest of the dry. Stir in hazelnut. Place dough tablespoon size on greased baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass and gently press the dough down. Bake for 10 minutes.

To make heart-shapes: Cut out small heart on a post-in and place it on cookie. With a sifter, sift powdered sugar top of the post-it. Carefully remove the post-it. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It