Sunday, February 5, 2012

Newport

To celebrate my birthday earlier this week, Jake took me to the Newport Aquarium and Hofbrauhaus in Newport, Kentucky yesterday. Unfortunately it rained all day, I did not want to risk getting my camera wet therefore all the pictures were taken indoor...i.e. very low light condition, which means blurry pictures. It did not help when I forgot to turn on the VR (vibrate reduction) on the lens. I am almost embarrassed to put these pictures up, but they are a good reminder of what I need to do to improve.


We started the day with a giant pretzel, bratwurst chili, and sausage platter.

f/4.5, 1/8, ISO 3200


f/3.8, 1/60, ISO 1600


Each stein had its own lock. Some serious bier drinker here.

f/3.8, 1/60, ISO 1600


This was one of my many attempts to take pictures through class and in a dark area. Turned out alright. I am seriously considering getting a prime lens AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.5G, which is supposed to work better in low lights.


f/4.5, 1/25, ISO 3200


Who knew the aquarium also had birds that you can feed?

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 1600


The largest turtle I have ever seen, weighted more than 200 pounds.

f/4, 1/50, ISO 1600


The aquarium was an awesome experience, we have not had the time to take a trip like this. There were lots of people with their point-and-shoot taking pictures of everything and anything. By taking pictures for a year, I have already learned what I should do. Like I need a lens more fitted for this situation, maybe a tripod, a polarizer to reduce glass glare (I did not even know what this was called), and to be prepared to take pictures at anytime.

Do I sound like a photography snob already? There is still so much to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It