Friday, February 17, 2012

Lens

In a couple of my past posts on photography equipment, I expressed my interest in getting a new lens. Specifically, I want a lens with wide aperture for portraits, objects, and low light conditions. I have been doing lots of research, since lens don't come cheap. After reading tons of photography forums and product reviews, I am sure that I want this:

AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
It is affordable, exactly what I am looking for.

www.nikon.com


Until the salesman at a local camera shop showed me this:
AF-S DX Micro-NIKOOR 40mm f/2.8G

www.nikon.com


Bahhhhhh more decisions to make!

The price difference is about $80. It comes down to how much macro photography I do. I have not experiment with macro photography simply because my current lens does not allow such thing. I do prefer landscape and wide aperture-type of photos. But everyone talks about how awesome macro is, especially for food photography. The macro lens (Nikon calls it micro, hence the confusion) can be used for landscape and daily use other zoom up objects. I am back to the drawing board.

Which should I get??



p.s. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It