Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bokeh: Take One

The term bokeh is not misspelled like what I had previously thought. It is derived from Japanese, meaning the aesthetic quality of blur or out-of-focus highlights. Bokeh can be created using the background light source and its reflection, by using large aperture. The actual science behind it is beyond me, so is the technique. Whenever you see pictures with blurry light bubbles and a focused object, that's an example of bokeh. I have also read on other sites that bokeh is not limited to just light reflection, it could be anything with out-of-focus area. So far, using my new 35mm f/1.8 lens, I am able to get very blurry background while keeping the object focused.



f/1.8, 1/50, ISO 400



I think I see some light bubbles in the background...

f/2, 1/2000, ISO 400



f/2, 1/4000, ISO 110


Never thought I would see dandelions in February.

f/2, 1/2000, ISO 180



f/1.8, 1/4000, ISO 140


Amazing colors with this new lens. I love every part of it, even Lola knows that.

f/1.8, 1/4000, ISO 100


I think my pictures can be considered as being aesthetic quality of blur, or at least an attempt to do so. More on this topic later. That's what I love about photography, with endless possibilities. Should there be "right" or "wrong" way to take beautiful pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It