Saturday, February 25, 2012

35mm f/1.8

I got it! The 35mm f/1.8 lens, that is. So far, I love it! Remember my lens dilemma? It took me another two days to think about which I want to get. I wrote posts on photography forums asking for advice. Finally, I realized that I don't do much macro photography and if I were to get into it, I'd get a fancier macro lens.

It's a fast lens. By fast I meant the shutter speed, super awesome for low light photography (i.e. my kitchen). However, the lens takes a while to focus and since this is prime lens (no zoom option) I'd have to move around to get it autofocus. The lens hood that it came with is small, I'm not sure how this would work as sun flare reducer.


f/5.3, 1/30, ISO 1800


Lola's snout. 

f/2.5, 1/30, ISO 900, +0.3EV



Best sugar cookies I have ever made. At f/1.8, you can see the sugar granules.

f/1.8, 1/60, ISO 400




Lavender and cilantro seedling under grow light.


f/1.8, 1/1000, ISO 400


f/1.8, 1/1250, ISO 400



Instead of full-on autofocus function, this lens has M/A function (autofocus with manual override).
I need to figure out how to focus better, as the last couple pictures look like out of focus. Every picture always looks pretty on the small display screen on cameras, but its a different story once transferred onto the computer. Either way, wheeee I'm excited to use this lens outside, just in time for spring blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It