Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hop Gallery Hop

f/5, 1/60, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


Friday night Jake and I joined a couple friends to downtown for Gallery Hop Lexington. It's an event that occurs 5 times a year when lots of art galleries in downtown Lexington open until night. I am not a big fan of art galleries or museums, but it was interesting to learn about local talents and look at others' creative work.

f/4.2, 1/320, ISO 100


I wish there was a food hop of Lexington.

My favorite spot was the Artists' Attic at Victorian Square, where artists get to rent out a studio and let their creativity flow. One painter asked if I would like to rent a studio for photography. That would be a dream of mine. A studio with built-in kitchen, where I get to make yummy food and take plenty of pictures. Someday.

f/8, 1/100, ISO 1600


I like to look at an art work and imagine the artist's thoughts when making the piece. Then I think about what is going on in an art collector's head to make them purchase this piece. The definition of atheistic is different in each of our mind, yet there are certain art pieces that become the grandest of all. For me, I am still working on creating those master-pictures with my DSLR. In time, I will have my studio displaying all of my masterpieces.

What masterpiece are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It