Monday, June 4, 2012

Woodford Reserve


f/2, 1/30, ISO 2200


Jake's friend from Wisconsin is visiting us this week, and we took him to Woodford Reserve . I have visited a couple bourbon distilleries of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail already, and Woodford Reserve is the best I have been to. Located in Versailles, Kentucky, the distillery is the smallest and oldest one in Kentucky. Besides its fine bourbon, Woodford Reserve is also a great photo op spot.  

f/1.8, 1/40, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


Although I am not a big fan of hard liquor, I love the aroma especially when we were inside the storage warehouse and the fermentation room. I know, I can be weird.

f/3.5, 1/320, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


During the tour I kept wondering how bourbon marinade is made, and what ingredients I would use to make it. Moreover, what can I cook with a bottle of good bourbon. I am sure many of you are the same as me, always thinking about food.

This reminds me of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Bourbon Factory.

f/3.5, 1/40, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


The tour gave us a detailed insight on how fine-crafted Woodford Reserve is. Not to be biased against other bigger name brands, but the detail and care that go into making the bourbon really makes the product different. According to one of the guides, tasting bourbon should be like "chewing" and not sipping or slamming the beverage.

f/1.8, 1/100, ISO 1600


Besides the barrel warehouse, my other favorite scene from Woodford Reserve is the historic limestone structures. The buildings give the distillery the rustic feel to it. Definitely worth the trip to take pictures, and I supposed the bourbon.

f/2.2, 1/160, ISO 400
P.S. Like the new banner? There's nothing I can't do with Paint and Word :) You can now follow FHTP on Facebook, click on the FB icon on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It