|f/5.6, 1/2000, ISO 100|
That's right, one, zero, ten pounds. I already have a list of food with strawberry I want to make:
Roasted Strawberry Butter Milk Cake
|f/5.6, 1/6.3, ISO 100|
I started the jammin' session with strawberry jam. However, it seems like lately I keep running out of ingredients when I want to make something. I did not have enough pectin. The jammin session only produced three pints of strawberry jam.
On the flip side, I convinced Jake to make his grandmother's biscuits for strawberry shortcake. This was one of the very rare occassions Jake makes something for me. Wheee!
|f/3.2, 1/50, ISO 1600, +0.3EV|
|f/4, 1/80, ISO 1600, +0.3Ev|
Grandma Krasch's Biscuit
2.5 cups sifted flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick cold butter, cut in small pieces
2/3 buttermilk (approx. see #2)
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat egg in a one-cup measuring cup. Fill the rest of the cup with buttermilk. Set aside.
3. Add butter into dry ingredients, use a dough blender to mix butter in until pea size.
4. Add egg-milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix with a few strokes.
5. Roll out dough in a lightly floured surface until 1/4-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter/ circular cookie cutter.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with fresh strawberries/ strawberry jam and whipped cream.
|f/4, 1/60, ISO 1600, +0.3EV|
For the next jammin' session, I am thinking blueberries or blackberries.
Till then, I got 8 more cups of crushed strawberries waiting for me to jam 'em.