Friday, November 18, 2011

Thoroughbred Antique Gallery


Last week I went to Thoroughbred Antique Gallery downtown Lexington for the revealing of my calendar pictures.  I could tell most of the attendance that night were fancy-pants. It could be the tweet blazer with elbow patch, suede shoes, and LV bags. Antique shopping is pretty big here. This is where the rich spend their money, no not in the mall, but here where they can buy a $795 used jockey jacket.

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 3200


$50 can buy yourself one fancy china plate like this.

f/5.6, 1/125. ISO 3200


Or more dollars this floral china set.

f/5.6, 1/60, ISO 3200


I am not sure if I would rather own this beautiful dish set or go on a shopping spree in Target. I think I will choose Target. Maybe when I am rich and I don't feel so out of place while in an antique store. By that time, I think I can skip the dollar corner in Target and continue with my shopping spree.

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 3200


Don't get me wrong, I love looking at antiques. Most of all, I like seeing where the items are from and knowing how they are priced. I like to think those green dish set were once owned by a young lady like me.


Here are the calendar photo displays.

Can you tell which pictures are mine? Hint, there are two pictures.

f/4.5, 1/80, ISO 3200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It