Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Huntington

 


My first day of dietetic internship at Marshall University has finally arrived. I agonized about this first day, as the realization of the end of summer hits in. I made the final move earlier this week and started orientation today. I was nervous about meeting new people at a new place and uncertain about what will be happening the next ten months. 

My room in the apartment that I share with another intern looks bare, but the kitchen well-stocked (with Fiestaware and a KitchenAid stand-up mixer!) thanks to my foodie roommate. 

f/4.5, 1/160, ISO 2800

My first taste of Huntington was last night at Black Sheep Burrito & Brew, a place everyone said I need to go. I had grilled fish burrito with pickled red cabbage and mango salsa with sweet potato salad side. Yum yum. I think I am off to a good start.

I brought my loyal canine companion with me to Huntington. This afternoon we explored the dog park and trails at Ritter Park.

f/8, 1/640, ISO 2000

My first day flew by. Although I am bit stressed about starting the internship, I keep reminding myself to have fun and explore the new city, try new food, and meet new people. Experience what the internship rotations have to offer me, challenge myself one day at a time.

f/4.5, 1/640, ISO 360

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It