Monday, August 20, 2012

Ricotta Tomato Pizza


f/4.5, 1/100, ISO 3200, +0.3EV


I completed first week of orientation for the dietetic internship! Huntington is located in a more rural area, and as a city girl I am more used to things being more accessible and lots of events going on all the time. Over the last week, I have pretty much ran most areas of the city already. I was back in Lexington this past weekend and went to Woodland Art Fair. There was beautiful hand-crafted art pieces everywhere, if only I had the money to invest on a piece.

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 100

I am a fan of homemade pizza, it is my go-to meal when I can't think of what to make. Not only do I get to decide what goes on the pizza (or what leftover ingredients to use up) and how much cheese to add , but also the unbeatable taste of homemade crust. A friend of mine gave me a pizza peal a month ago, I have yet to master the correct oven temperature and baking time.

A few weeks I bought a tub of ricotta cheese thinking I would make lasagna someday. Except I kept forgeting to buy the other ingredient, hence the idea of a white pizza came about. Not quite "white pizza" like other recipes out there, but I created one using ricotta in place of shredded cheese.


f/4, 1/100, ISO 1100, +0.3EV

f/4, 1/100, ISO 1100, +0.3EV

A layer of ricotta cheese on top (sprinkle with herb and Parmesan cheese, if you like) then spread layer of tomato sauce on top. Put on any ingredients to your liking and if you are like me who is tired of squash week ofter week, then slice some up for the pizza.

f/4.5, 1/100, ISO 3200, +0.3EV

Homemade Pizza Crust 
(Makes 2 pizzas) 


4 cups all-purpose flower
2.5 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.5 cups luke warm water

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix until dough form. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let dough rise for at least 2 hours. Roll out to desired shape. Bake according to pan/ pizza stone instructions.

Ricotta "White Sauce"

1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or any other herb of your liking)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Spread evenly on rolled out pizza dough. Top with tomato sauce and fresh tomato slices for ricotta tomato pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It