Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Day In Life

f/2.5, 1/1000, ISO 800


Lately I have been on a blogging block. I have good reasons though. First, I did my last long run today before the big race on Saturday. Now it's resting time, I worry that I don't hydrate properly on race day morning or that there is not enough portapotties and I will miss start time because I'm in the long line to go do you-know-what.

Second, the long wait for the internship match day is Sunday evening and I keep thinking the "what-ifs".

Third, I have been catching up on The Killing and Downton Abbey, two excellent shows with great characters and dialogues.

Finally, my master's graduate oral examination is coming up and I am trying to plow through four 2-inch binders of notes. Here I am, reviewing vitamin B6 deficiency and increase risk of cardiovascular disease with my hand-drawn chart above.
 
f/1.8, 1/1250, ISO 800, +0.3EV


It's interesting how the third item is taking priorities over the others.

Between all these things to-do, I made tuna salad.

Oh yes, tuna salad sandwich with provolone, tuna salad on crackers, tuna salad with veggies...

Perfect lunch for me to take a break from studying and worrying while I finish another episode of The Killing.

f/2.5, 1/80, ISO 800, +0.3EV


Happy Hump Day



Simple Tuna Salad
Three 5oz tuna in water, drained
2 stalks celery, finely diced (or one stalk if you don't care for the crunchiness)
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/4 cup light mayo (or less, depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon capers with juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything in a mixing bowl. Add more mayo if you like it more on the creamy side. Season with salt and pepper. Easy and simple. Serve on anything you can think of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It