Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Photo Pal

This is my lovely friend Robin.
I met her last year when I just started my graduate courses.
I envy her awesome Nikon D7000, I offered an even trade with mine but she refused.

f/2.8, 1/160, ISO 100



We are photo pals.
Robin and I met up this afternoon at Ashland Henry Clay Estate to take pictures.
The weather has been crazily warm today with perfect light for outdoor shoots.

f/2.2, 1/1600, ISO 100



These were taken with my new prime lens.
It does take a while to get used to the fact that I can't zoom in or out.
However, I love the details and colors in the photos.

f/2, 1/800, ISO 100


f/2, 1/1000, ISO 100


f/2, 1/2000, ISO 100


I have never gone on a photography session with anyone before.
It's interesting to see what others see as photogenic material in an area that I don't.
Robin took pictures of everything, like the design and hinges of a door or the texture of building sides. Things that I never once consider as "pretty".

Beauty is everywhere, it's only a matter of where you point your lens at.
That's what makes our photos define us.

f/4.5, 1/320, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It