Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday

Today I woke up at eight a.m....I mean nine a.m. Since then, I have been trying to find ways to get my hour back. Sunday mornings are special breakfast days, and today is whole-wheat pancake with homemade strawberry jam. By the time we finished breakfast and read the Sunday paper, it was already eleven. We then headed out to the Arboretum and enjoyed the gorgeous mid-60s weather.


f/7.1, 1/500, ISO 100



Where I spotted these!

f/3.5, 1/4000, ISO 320



Wheeeeee! Spring is here!! Yipeeeeeeeeee!

f/2.5, 1/640, ISO 100



When we got home it was already one p.m. I planned on making birthday dinner and a birthday cake for my love one tonight. I spent probably three hours today in the kitchen trying to make magic. I managed to squeeze in lunch and watch the second half of Kentucky Wildcats SEC Championship.

I could really use that hour.

f/2, 1/400, ISO 1600, +0.3EV



I made Beatty's Chocolate Cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. After frosting and cleaning up the kitchen, I had to do my Sunday long run and then take the dog out for afternoon walk. By the time I was done with all that I needed a shower and get the meatloaf and asparagus into the oven. So where is this hour??

It turned out, dinner was delicious and so was the cake. We sang "Happy Birthday" and opened presents, and after I did the dessert dishes I realized it was only eight-thirty p.m. Whee! I am a superwoman (well, sort of). I even got time to blog and look at my pictures.

This was my busy Sunday. I enjoyed it like every bite I took of my chocolate cake. Even without that hour.

f/2, 1/50, ISO 1600, +0.3EV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It