Monday, March 19, 2012

Training - II

Remember when I started training for the Keeneland Half Marathon back in January? Now I am in week 11 of the 12-week training program, this means the race is in two weeks. Yesterday I ran the whole course again and plus more, a total of 14 miles. I thought I almost died. It was the hardest route I have ever done. Praise the Kentucky rolling hills for its beauty, but there is nothing worse than running through the hills. I started out in Keeneland and followed the country roads with my little sweat-drenched road map. The weather was gorgeous but too hot for running long distance. I ran past horse farms after another, beautiful horses and their foals watched me, the crazy running girl. The whole time I thought it would so nice to take my camera for the run, or maybe I could get a water bottle with a camera attached to it.

Thank goodness for these magical glucose instant energy packs.
(Not an advertisement for GU Energy Gel, I am just simply saying how much I appreciate them)


f/4.5, 1/50, ISO 100



While running, I kept thinking why am I doing this? What is the point to all this pain and agony?
After 1 hour and 50 minutes, I was so happy to see my car.
Yes, water.
Yes, food.
Yes, I can finally stop now.

New running shoes. I am a stickler for brand-loyalty.
These new babies are Asics Gel-2160 (newer version is 2170).

f/3.2, 1/30, ISO 220


One and half more weeks of intense training then the real test starts early Saturday morning end of this month.

Yes, I can push through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It