Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All Things Green


f/8, 1/160, ISO 200


Yesterday I had a small strawberry from my balcony garden. The strawberry plant was "borrowed" from a neighbor's patch that had overgrown into the apartment's ground. It was quite an operation last year to get a couple strawberry plants into pots. The teeny strawberry was sweet and delicious.

f/3.2, 1/500, ISO 200


This year I planted bell peppers, at least 5 cherry tomato plants, pole beans, lima beans, and a variety of herbs.

f/3.5, 1/800, ISO 200


The fun veggie of the season is tomatillo, a.k.a. green tomato in husks. Salsa verde, anyone?
There weren't many choices for planting vegetable in pots, on the second floor of an apartment building. But we decided to try baby carrots in a large deep pot. By the way, zucchini isn't ideal for pot planting.

f/3.5, 1/1000, ISO 200


I love going on the balcony and watching these little plants grow, knowing that one of these days my fruits of labor will pay off. I started the seeds mid-March and moved them outside due to the early Spring. My tomato plants took a hit from the frost a couple weeks ago, thank goodness they came back.

I love this vibrant green.

f/4.5, 1/2000, ISO 200



My well-balanced lunch with homegrown apartment-grown lettuce.

f/3.5, 1/60, ISO 1600, +0.3EV


What's in your garden this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It