Monday, April 2, 2012

TGIM!

I am sure I have already bored you with my anxiety over the internship and half-marathon. Well, thank goodness it's Monday! Two big events in my life have come to good endings.

I was so anxious the night before the race that I got up at 5:30am to hydrate. While I was on the rolling hills of mile 6 and 9, I asked myself why am I doing this. Madonna, Lady GaGa, and Michael Jackson kept me going. Until the last two miles, then I really thought I was going to die.

Here I am, dashing for the finish line.

f/5.6, 1/640, ISO 1600



Man! What a great feeling when I crossed the finish line.
I did it! All the hard training paid off, a sense of accomplishment knowing that when I put my mind to something then I will get it down.
Then I thought, that just seemed too quick, I could do this again...maybe not with my jello-feeling legs.

f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 400



I beat these guys! I finished at 1:45, placing 7th in my age group.

f/10, 1/125, ISO 400



Alright, I promise this would be the last bragging I am doing today.
I got matched to a dietetic internship at Marshall University in West Virginia!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

This weekend I have not only accomplished my personal goal, but also moving forward with my career. I can't be happier and I am looking forward to what West Virginia would bring me. I will probably go back and forth between there and Lexington. I am not sure if West Virginia have as many horses as here, but definitely more sighting of this crazy girl with her camera (me!)) going on another adventure.

f/11, 1/80, ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It