Friday, December 30, 2011

Hong Kong

I flew back to Hong Kong the day after Christmas, where I grew up and where my parents are.
Everytime I am home in Hong Kong, this is what I do: Eat, Sleep, Shopping, Hiking, and Eat. Repeat.

f/16, 1/160, ISO 200


My parents live on Lantau Island, which is one of the many islands surrounding Hong Kong Island. The other day my mom and I took a little ferry to a different side of Lantau Island and we hiked back.

f/10, 1/250, ISO 200


The view was amazing. The pictures may look hazy, it's not because I did something with the camera, that's just the way the sky has became due to the pollution. Even on sunny days, it is still difficult see the coastline clearly.  Note the airport in the horizon, that area was once ocean and it has been filled to create that flat land.

 f/10, 1/500, ISO 200


During our hike, we passed by some little fishing villages. Here a family is drying mustard green on their front yard.


f/10, 1/320, ISO 1600



The village house reminds me of the scenes in the movies like Armagenddon and Deep Impact when the asteroid hits Asia. All is missing is the saipan boats, in reality I hardly see saipan boats in Hong Kong.

f/5.6, 1/1000,  ISO 200

Tomorrow my family is flying somewhere Southeast Asia for vacation. I promise to write once I am there, and let's see if you can guess where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It