Friday, December 2, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I am in the Christmas spirit. I want to make all kinds of Christmas cookies while listening to holiday music, and that was exactly what I did Friday afternoon. I made snickerdoodles. I envy those who have the time to make beautiful and delicate cookies. All those sugar cookies with colorful frosting decorations that are just too pretty to be eaten. Me on the other hand, is all about the delicious factor and what ingredients I have in my pantry.

Remember that lighting class I attended? I decided to put what I learned in good use. I moved my desk light into the kitchen.

f/4.5, 1/320, ISO 1600


The cookie dough finally get some spot light.

f/5, 1/100, ISO 1600


Except when I tried to take these, the picture came out looking orange.

f/5, 1/160, ISO 1600


By the time this picture was taken I have already eaten three cookies and listened to Elf soundtrack for the second time. I love the holidays. Shopping and flashy sparkling decoration, what's not to like about it?

f/5, 1/60, ISO 1600


Snickerdoodle Recipe
(Recipe from King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion Cookbook)

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable shortrening
1.5 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

Coating: 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400 F and put in your favorite Christmas jam.
2. Cream butter, shortening, and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs, beat until smooth. Add salt and flour, ixing slowly until combined.
3. Make coating, combine sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl.
4. Use a cookie scooper and dip out tablespoon of dough then roll it in the sugar mix. Or put the sugar cinnamon mix in a zip lock bag, put few dough ball in the bag and shake the bag until all coated.
5. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It