Remember that lighting class I attended? I decided to put what I learned in good use. I moved my desk light into the kitchen.
|f/4.5, 1/320, ISO 1600|
The cookie dough finally get some spot light.
|f/5, 1/100, ISO 1600|
Except when I tried to take these, the picture came out looking orange.
|f/5, 1/160, ISO 1600|
By the time this picture was taken I have already eaten three cookies and listened to Elf soundtrack for the second time. I love the holidays. Shopping and flashy sparkling decoration, what's not to like about it?
|f/5, 1/60, ISO 1600|
(Recipe from King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion Cookbook)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable shortrening
1.5 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Coating: 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and put in your favorite Christmas jam.
2. Cream butter, shortening, and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs, beat until smooth. Add salt and flour, ixing slowly until combined.
3. Make coating, combine sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl.
4. Use a cookie scooper and dip out tablespoon of dough then roll it in the sugar mix. Or put the sugar cinnamon mix in a zip lock bag, put few dough ball in the bag and shake the bag until all coated.
5. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes. Enjoy!