Monday, December 5, 2011

Tree Lighting

This Saturday we went to the first Christmas tree lighting at Henry Clay Estate. The tree is over a hundred years old and stands at 120 feet tall. It is believed to be the second tallest live Christmas tree in the world. The event started with a local school choir singing Christmas carols while the audience joined them. Families, young couples, grandparents, canine pals were standing all around tree counting down to the lighting. It felt like the event brought the community together. A sweet moment to be with my love one.


f/14, 1/25, ISO 800


Even the resurrected Mr. Henry Clay would agree so.

f/4, 1/30, ISO 1600


To save myself from some trouble, I decided not to bring my tripod.
Amazingly my camera was still able to capture in pitch black. But I had to set ISO sensitivity above 3200 at Hi1 and the picture quality decreased substantially. It would have been a great time to practice night photography.

f/3.8, 1/80


The estate was all lit up for a Dickens candlelight tour and I was able to stand in between two lawn lights to take this picture.

f/3.5, 1/20

I ought to go back there again with my tripod. Until then I am busy wrapping Christmas presents and listening to holiday music (after I study for my finals, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It