Monday, December 19, 2011

The Peppermint Thief

Tomorrow I will be driving back to Wisconsin to spend Christmas with Jake's family, then I will be flying to Hong Kong to see my parents. This means I have been busy the last few days even though I am on winter break. Hopefully I will be able to update during traveling.

Yesterday I made four batches of almond toffee (one batch burnt). Candy making is a form of art and requires lots of patients. Even a few degrees will make a difference. I stood in front of the stove for an hour constantly stirring while watching the thermometer like a hawk.


f/5.6, 1/40, ISO 1600


The hard work paid off when I see these cute Christmas tins filled with almond toffee.

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 1600


 It makes me smile even more when I see a box filled with presents

f/5.6, 1/15, ISO 1600


Lola, on the other hand, has been quite busy herself as well.
She stole peppermint candies from my desk! Peppermint thief! I could tell she really tried to climb on my desk because my backpack and the boxes around it were all knocked down.

f/5.6, 1/20, ISO 1600



Now she has to figure out how to get back on Santa Paw's nice list. Probably a little too late now, Lola. Should have thought it through before taking my peppermint candies. Tonight my little family will be doing gift exchange before the big road trip tomorrow. Maybe...maybe Lola will get her n-y-l-a-b-o-n-e.

f/5.6, 1/25, ISO 1600


I hope you all have a lovely Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It